X-ray Microscopy Facility
Zeiss Xradia 810 Ultra
Our Xradia Ultra is a high-end x-ray microscope (XRM) providing high-resolution imaging up to 50 nm as well as large field of view stacks made for 3 dimensional reconstructions. With advanced optics firstly established for synchrotron experiments, we obtain with this XRM equal resolutions for our laboratory. The rotating chromium anode source offers a quasi-monochromatic 5.4 keV x-ray beam due to condenser and Fresnel zone plate lens system. Common absorption imaging yield material mass contrast of small slices up to bulk specimen. In addition, the Xradia Ultra includes Zernike phase contrast visualization for porous or small mass-bandwidth samples as organic materials by edge enhancement. Furthermore, mechanic in situ experiments are enabled by a customized mounting stage for pressure, shear and strain stress. The high-end XRM closes the visualisation gap between Light and Electron Microscopy in a non-destructive way.
- Spatial resolution: 50-150 nm
- Field of view: 16-65 µm
- X-ray photon energy: 5.4 keV (Cr source)
- Absorption and phase contrast modes
- X-ray condenser system: Reflective ellipsoidal mirror with aperture
- X-ray objective lenses: Diffractive Fresnel zone plate objectives
- Annular Zernike phase plate
- Internal temperature control
- 1M CCD camera coupled to scintillating screen
- Rotational loading stage (> ±90°)
- Tomography sample holder and software
Das Zeiss Xradia 810 Ultra steht mit 20% seiner Nutzungszeit für externe Projekte zur Verfügung. Für weitere Informationen zur externen Nutzung wenden Sie sich bitte an Erdmann Spiecker.