GRK 1896 weekly seminar
24. April 2016 - 30. July 2017
Cauerstr. 6, Seminar Room 1.225
3rd CENEM Summer School for X-ray Scattering
24. - 27. July 2017
Institute for Crystallography and Structural Physics (ICSP)
GRK 1896 "In Situ Microscopy with Electrons, X-rays and Scanning Probes"
9. Oct. 2017
International Congress Engineering of Advanced Materials
10. - 12. Oct. 2017
Particles with sizes in the nm- and µm-range find application in diverse fields of research and industry such as catalysis, drug delivery, sensing or optoelectronics. The materials properties and hence application performance are affected by the particle size, shape, surface characteristics as well as by possible pore or defect structures. Tuning the parameters of the chosen synthesis technique can affect some or all of these properties and thus enables the tailoring of the particle function. As the particle design rises in complexity, a detailed analysis of their properties like crystallinity, chemistry or morphology using the broad spectrum of different TEM techniques gets even more important.
- C. Mehringer, C. Kloner, B. Butz, B. Winter, E. Spiecker and W. Peukert, Germanium-Silicon Alloy and Core-Shell Nanocrystals by Gas Phase Synthesis, Nanoscale (2015), DOI: 10.1039/C4NR06318J
- T. Akdas, M. Distaso, S. Kuhri, B. Winter, B. Birajdar, E. Spiecker, D. M. Guldi and W. Peukert, The Effects of Post-Processing on the Surface and the Optical Properties of Copper Indium Sulfide Quantum Dots, Journal of Colloid & Interface Science (2015), DOI: 10.1016/j.jcis.2015.01.014
- A. G. Machoke, A. M. Beltrán, A. Inayat, B. Winter, T. Weissenberger, N. Kruse, R. Güttel, E. Spiecker and W. Schwieger, Micro/Macroporous System: MFI-type zeolite crystals with embedded macropores, Advanced Materials 27 (2015) 1066-1070, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201404493
- J. Schornbaum, B. Winter, S. P. Schiessl, F. Gannott, G. Katsukis, E. Spiecker and J. Zaumseil Epitaxial Growth of PbSe Quantum Dots on MoS2 Nanosheets and their Near-Infrared Photoresponse, Advanced Functional Materials (2014), DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201400330
- J. Schornbaum, B. Winter, S. Schiessl, B. Butz, E. Spiecker and J. Zaumseil, Controlled In-Situ PbSe Quantum Dot Growth around Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes - a Non-Covalent PbSe-SWNT Hybrid Structure, Chemistry of Materials, 25 (13), 2663-2669 (2013), DOI: 10.1021/cm401202t